Click on the logo above to follow us on Facebook
The Cheetah Project started on February 1st 2021 at Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya with initial scouting and trap camera setup. It will extend until the end of 2022. In July and August team members from thirteen different countries will conduct a census, identification, naming, and recording behavior. Team members are from the following countries:
Australia Sri Lanka India Canada England
Germany Netherlands Belgium Finland
USA Kenya Sweden Switzerland
APPLY TO BE A TEAM MEMBER OF THE CHEETAH PROJECT
If you are interested in participating in the Cheetah Project in Kenya, we do have a couple of vacancies in August 2021. We are accepting applications for
January, July, August, and December 2022.
1. Download and read the Cheetah Project information brochure by clicking on the button below.
2. If you think you do qualify and want to apply to be a team member, please fill in your application online HERE.
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. The Cheetah Project is not a profit making venture. What we charge you goes towards the cost of accommodation, meals, ground transportation, airport pickups and drop-offs, diesel for patrol vehicles, vehicle maintenance, Driver salaries, equipment, and office expenses. In fact it costs us much more than what you pay, and the remaining amount is subsidized by our sponsors and well wishers.
2. This is not a "work program" and we do not get you to do laborous tasks such as erecting fences, hauling dirt, picking up animal poop, and repairing buildings.
3. We do not get you to cook your own meals. Our meals are provided by a cook and kitchen helpers who provide three healthy meals a day.
4. Accommodation is provided in a private room that has a comfortable bed with linen, desk, chair, and plug point. You do not have to share your room (unless you want to) or sleep in a dormitory.
5. You will be fully trained prior to arriving in Kenya on the identification of cheetahs, and have to pass a qualifying exam. There are also regular refresher courses that you are required to participate in if your arrival date is more than 3 months away. Once selected, your skills are tested by getting you to identify, match, and confirm cheetah images from Ol Pejeta.
6. We are an All-Volunteer organization from the CEO down. This means that we have no salaries to pay, and all money that comes in goes back 100% into the project.
Please upload photos and information only taken at Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Kenya. We do not accept photos taken elsewhere.